BASIS PROJECT FALL 2022
About the project
Intensive Dance training during 11 weeks
Basic Project / BP : Basic course
Basic Project + / BP+: Basic course (for people who already have some experience in dance and improvisation)
September 5 until November 18 2022
Teachers: Oliver Lange, Irene Carreño, Rebecca Mary Narum, Zina Vaessen and optional guest teachers.
Deadline for applications: July 31 2022
Final decision: August 5 2022
Basic Projects provide the possibility
- to prepare for the education and to scrutinize, if this education is appropriate for you
- to improve one’s skills and to acquire fundamentals in contemporary dance and especially to get acquainted with our work
- to establish basics for another education within the realm of bodywork, dance, theatre and movement
- or simply to attend intensively dance training over a longer period
The BASIS PROJECT and the BASIC PROJECT + are intensive trainings, within fulltime education over a period of three months. They introduce the most important elements of our approach and provide a valuable groundwork for every further work with body, dance, theatre or movement.
Both introduce the most important elements of our approach and provide a valuable groundwork for every further work with body, dance, theatre and movement.
To the fore comes the experience of one’s own structure of movement and body, the work on basic techniques, improvisation and creation. This might be enriched with the aspect of performing before an audience by an optional concluding showing.
The BASIC PROJECTS are directed as discrete projects by two or three of our main-staff-members, enriched by work with guest teachers.
- Dance technique
- Contact improvisation
- Movement training with body and movement awareness (BMC, Feldenkrais and others)
Monday to Thursday from 9.30 to 14:30 (with 30 min break)
Friday from 9:30 to 13:45
with 6 teaching units (45 minutes) a day, besides Friday. This adds up to 29 teaching units per week.
On public holidays there will be classes.
There will be one week off.
Participants agree not to be commited to other obligations during the educational period.
The Application should contain:
- Application form https://tipbewegungs.art/application/
- Description of until now experience within the realm of dance and movement (Experience in dance / movement / theatre / bodywork is desired, experience in contemporary dance is beneficial) Based on this information, please add one sentence with your preference either to group BP or group BP+ After having reviewed all applications, we allow ourselves to change the group constellations, according to the level of the other applicants
- A short vita
- a portrait photograph and three photographs showing the applicant in movement (jpg-files via email only)
Please send these via e-mail (attached) to email@example.com
or postal to
bewegungs – art freiburg
D – 79106 Freiburg
- a motivation video (max. one minute – no movement, probably only the face), from which the motivation to participate in this project emerges. You might refer to the following questions: Why dance? Why this project? Why this kind of orientation? What is your concern?
- A (max. one minute) movement video, where the dance qualities as well as the technical level become visible. This can be improvised and/or in the form of a dance sequence.
(Please do not submit the video for more than one minute and send it as mp4-file via wetransfer).