About the programme
One year education / 3 trimesters
January 09 2023 until December 15 2023
Teachers: Oliver Lange, Irene Carreño, Karolin Stächele, Lilo Stahl, Rebecca Mary Narum, Zina Vaessen and optional guest teachers.
Fee: School fees for the one-year-programme will be 4.500 €. There is an initial payment followed by monthly installments of 300,-€ per month afterwards.
Audition: October 8 and 9 2022
Deadline for applications: September 11 2022
The year is aimed at dancers with good previous knowledge in improvisation and composition. The classes offer an immersion in contemporary dance technique, exploration and improvisation, choreography, performance, solo work and contact improvisation. Students will deepen their understanding of their own artistical work and learn how to create their own performances.
The school renounces deliberately to convey many different styles of dance and focuses on contemporary dance techniques.
Improvisation – solistic and in group – as well as contact improvisation are important issues of the year. Improvisation is used as means of «Exploration» as well as «Instant Composition», an independent form of stage performance. As regards exploration is used to discover creative ways of expression, to explore well known and new movement material and to find compositional elements.
In improvisation creative power and potential can develop up to their full capacity. With purposeful and differenciated research, manifold methods and instructions for autonomous work are communicated. In this wide range of learning physical, emotional and mental aspects are integrated and a high level of flexibility, permeability and awareness of the actors are achieved. Subjects as choreography and solistic work complete the new won perceptions and skills.
Performance is a further focus of education and includes along with matter and composition (elaboration, realization) the stage-behaviour (execution, charism, presence, personality).
The on stage situation is exercised from the beginning in class, in public showings, on small stages and in public places, on a big stage in professional scale.
- Dance technique
- Exploration and Improvisation
- Choreography / Composition
- Solo work
- Contact improvisation
Monday to Thursday from 9.30 to 15:00 (with 45 min break)
Friday from 9:30 to 14:15
with more than 6 teaching units (45 minutes) a day, besides Friday. This adds up to 30 teaching units per week.
On public holidays there will be classes.
There will be holidays announced soon.
Participants agree not to be commited to other obligations during the educational period.
Basic preconditions for the education
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the range of contemporary dance (technique, improvisation, contact improvisation, composition)
- physical and mental health
- physical precondition for dance and movement (mobility, body-experience, endurance)
- Discipline (physical and organisation wises)
- to learn and work on one’s own initiative
- to engage in artistical processes with one’s own personal material
- to participate continously in a group’s process of learning
The Application should contain:
- Written application form https://tipbewegungs.art/application/
- Motivation letter
- A short curriculum vitae
- Description of hitherto experience within the realm of dance and movement (Experience in dance / movement / theatre / bodywork is desired)
- a portrait photograph
- Copy of school diploma / certificate
- Video Impro of 1 minute
Please send these via e-mail (attached) to firstname.lastname@example.org
or postal to
bewegungs – art freiburg
D – 79106 Freiburg